Tuesday, August 28, 2007

ZUCCHINI PIE RECIPE


I posted a photo of my Zucchini pie in my last blog entry and have been asked to post the recipe. I'm happy to do this, and hope you can make one
while there is still an abundance of home grown zucks out there! Very easy, quick and delicious!


1 cup Bisquick

1/4 cup oil

4 eggs

3 cups chopped zucchini

4 strips of cooked bacon, crumbled

1 garden tomato, chopped

1 pepper, chopped


1 small onion, chopped

1 cup shredded cheese


salt, pepper, seasonings of choice to taste.



Spray pie plate or 8x8 square baking dish with Pam. In a large bowl combine all ingrediaents and mix thoroughly. tranfer to baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes until top and sides turn golden brown and middle firms up. Test for doneness with a toothpick. If still slightly soupy in the middle continue baking for an additional 5 minutes. May be eaten warm or cold.





Gentle Knitter, please send a photo of your pie and let me know how you liked it!



Now, go knit!

4 comments:

hakucho said...

Yum! That sure looks good :)
Thanks for the recipe!

magnoliasntea said...

Thank you, Mrs. B! I can't wait to make this pie. The goodman of the house is going to love it.

Dorothy said...

Mmmm, sounds good! Glad you like my teapot cozy. I'm addicted to the Ballband too.

CraftyCarole said...

you didn't leave me much yarn! I spent $150 and was missing lots that I wanted. But I got there in the afternoon, so..... I'll show you mine if you show me yours (hehee)