I've mentioned in previous posts that I have promised my husband, Mike, a sweater for, oh, let me see...about 5 years! Considering the dear man has been more or less supportive of my knitting obsession, yarn accumulation, the not too hostile take-over of our spare bedroom to house massive yarn acquisitions, and for simply being just a nice guy about my love affair with yarn, he truly does deserve to have his very own hand knit sweater under the tree THIS Christmas. If it kills me. I envision being up all night Christmas Eve, not wrapping presents, as last year, BUT seaming the sweater together. From my lips to God's ear. Progress at this date? The photo above shows ribbing for the right front of sweater. Left to do after right front completed? (yes, I plead temporary insanity for not knitting the two fronts simultaneously!) Knit 2 sleeves at same time, button band, attach all parts, and sew on buttons. Can she do it?
Completing this sweater in time is THE MAIN EVENT in my knitting life right now! I'll keep you posted!
Meanwhile, with Secret pal 11 wrapping up, I sent out my final package to my Pal Lori who lives in Oregon. I'm envious of her ability to knit for herself, especially socks! Lots of socks! Knit with the most extraordinary yarn in the most gorgeous colors! Pay her a visit and see for yourself. Tell her I said "hello"! She'll learn my identity soon anyway.....
Speaking of identities, I've learned the identity of my dear SP11 Pal, Carol, who is from Colorado! Mike and I flew over the Rockies once, on our way to San Francisco, pre-child years ago. Memories.
Carol always sent the most beautifully wrapped boxes containing the sweetest presents! Understanding completely that I DIDN'T NEED anymore yarn after taking a gander of my yarn stash in earlier posts,
she, nonetheless, always managed to send my favorite things.
How sweet and thoughtful you are, Carol! You've been a great Pal!
Thank-you so very much for giving me a wonderful SP11 experience!
I forgot that I had been Tagged several weeks ago and am just now getting to it! I totally forgot WHO TAGGED ME!!! Please contact me if you did.
I copied/pasted/saved the following questions.
Not remembering what this was originally named, I'm calling this "Useless Info About Me" Tag and I will only Tag one person! See ya at the end of my droning on and on BLAHBLAHBLAH!
1. Name one person who made you laugh last night? Mike.
2.What were you doing at 0800? Thinking about what to make for dinner tonight.
3.What were you doing 30 minutes ago? Updating blog.
4. What happened to you in 2006? Living a contented life.
5.What was the last thing you said out loud?OMIGOD! Forgot to post this Tag list weeks ago!
6. How many beverages did you have today? Two cups of java.
7.What color is your hairbrush? Red.
8. What was the last thing you paid for? Broccoli and Cheddar soup at Barnsie's.
9. Where were you last night? Home with family.
10. What color is your front door? Red.
11. Where do you keep your change? In a Precious Moments piggy bank that I've had for years. It helps fund my Big Knitting Events through out the year.
12. What’s the weather like today? 50 degrees and nice-for now.
13. What’s the best ice-cream flavor? Hershey's Moose Tracks.
14. What excites you? The words "yarn sale".
15. Cut your hair? Cut, color and easy care is my motto!
16. Are you over the age of 25? And then some!
17. Do you talk a lot? Yes, if it's related to knitting! Otherwise, I seem to be more content to be more silent as I grow older. Some may disagree. so what.
18. Do you watch the OC? Not my thing.
19. Do you know anyone named Steven? Only Steven Wright, the comedian. And not personally.
20. Do you make up your own words? HHHHHMMMMMMMM?
21. Are you a jealous person? I covet my neighbor's yarn stash. Kidding!22. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter "A". My alter ego-Annie Gora.
23. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘K’. Kringle, my cat.
24. Who’s the first person on your received call list? Mike.
25. What does the last text message you received say? Texting is hard on my knitting fingers! Refuse to do it.
26. Do you chew on your straw? Nope.
27. Do you have curly hair? How I wish!
28. Where’s the next place you're going to? Chair to knit.
29. Who’s the rudest person in your life? Drivers on local highways, my pet peeve these days.
30. What was the last thing you ate? Oatmeal and grapefruit.31.
Will you get married in the future? Only if Reincarnation is real, and then I'll marry Mike again!
32. What’s the best movie you've seen in the past two weeks? I 've been checking out Helen Mirren's "Prime Suspect" series from the library. I'm kinda into British miniseries and telly right now-been since Labor Day. Don't know why.
33. Is there anyone you like right now? I like that the Dalai Lama is coming to Bethlehem in 2008.
34. When was the last time you did the dishes? Just a few minutes ago.
35. Are you currently depressed? Too many things to be grateful for and to look forward to!
36. Did you cry today? Haven't watched Animal Planet yet today!
37. Why did you answer and post this? I'm a sucker for Tagging!
38. Tag 5 people who would do this survey. I'm only TAGGING ONE!
DOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAA! COME ON DOWN!
Finally, Jan e-mailed me to let me know she knit and posted her version of La Petite Sweet Sweater pattern. Go have a looki-loo. She did a great job! I'd love to see more photos if anyone else decides to knit my pattern!
Now, back to my sweater knitting!
Have a great knitting week!