Friday, February 02, 2007

SO NOW I KNOW......







What kind of yarn are you?




You are Merino Wool.You are very easygoing and sweet. People like to keep you close because you are so softhearted. You love to be comfortable and warm from your head to your toes.
Take this quiz!








Quizilla
Join

Make A Quiz More Quizzes Grab Code





Usually I don't do these sort of things, but my knitting spirit had a burning desire to discover what fiber aura I give off. I'm not sure I'm happy with the end result, as it says I am kind of warm and fuzzy, and as anyone who knows me can attest, I am anything but!


So, being the compulsive person that I am, I took the quiz several times in search of a truer me, and I conclude that I am a blend, on any given day, of the following fibernality types, the good, the bad and the Yugly. ( ugly yarn- just made that one up, guys!)



You are Shetland Wool. You are a traditional sort who can sometimes be a little on the harsh side. Though you look delicate you are tough as nails and prone to intricacies. Despite your acerbic ways you are widely respected and even revered.

17245 times, 18%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are Acrylic. While you are very versatile, your plasticky countenance can be offputting. You are very good with children but can become a pill if left alone with them too long. You are very flexible but don't give in to manipulation.

5641 times, 6%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are Mohair. You are a warm and fuzzy type who works well with others, doing your share without being too weighty. You can be stubborn and absolutely refuse to change your position once it is set, but that's okay since you are good at covering up your mistakes.

24079 times, 25%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are Dishcloth Cotton. You are a very hard worker, most at home when you're at home. You are thrifty and seemingly born to clean. You are considered to be a Plain Jane, but you are too practical to notice.

25282 times, 26%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are Mercerized Cotton. You are always very crisp and neat. You are very playful and are happiest while outdoors in the sunshine. You are sometimes accused of splitting hairs, but in the end people find you pretty easy to live with.

4166 times, 4%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are Novelty Eyelash. You are very of the moment, hip, and happening. You are often seen wrapped around someone's neck. Some see you as too flashy and ultimately shallow, but you are having too much fun to notice.

3282 times, 3%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are Merino Wool. You are very easygoing and sweet. People like to keep you close because you are so softhearted. You love to be comfortable and warm from your head to your toes.

13612 times, 14%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are Cashmere. You are sophisticated and luxe. You can often be found in high-end boutiques and hobnobbing with the upper crust. You are one of the beautiful people and you don't let anyone forget it!

2100 times, 2%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Contact Us Advertising Privacy Policy Terms & Conditions Copyright Policy © 2002-2006 Quizilla


Could this be the explanations for why I am so enamored with all the yarn in the universe? I could maybe write a book entitled "The Yarn Inside Of Me". One needs to know what kind of fiber they are made of, don't they?


Besides this quest for self yarn awareness, I was pleased to stumble along some blogs where the knitters are doing and showing sample examples of what they do best. What a wealth of knitting talent there is out there!
First we'll drop in again at


hakucho: Look, see what I finished this week!

I really like the 4 Corners Dishcloth and she links to the pattern too.

This is the solution to all my yarn guilt, plus there's some legal yarn loopholes too!

I believe this is the brainchild of Wendy and her knitting friends. Bravo!

See the coolest socks... and the pattern is free too! I want to knit these, so added to the list!
Criminy Jickets: Basketcase Socks - revisited

And, isn't this adorable?
anny purls: A cardigan for Merry - Love this baby cardi and the cabling details! I need to dig out that Interweaves Knits issue! Add this one to the list too!

I must mention that old chum, Patty, now has a blog of her own. I look forward to her musings.... hopefully she'll post more regularly than I. She just learned to knit, I believe I mentioned in a previous post, so I hope she will post photos of her knitting on her blog. She is working on completing her very first scarf and even went on a yarn shop field trip with me to Knitwitz and Sew Much More, in Hellertown, Pa. ( Donna-please get your website up and running soon so I can link you, daaaaaaarling!) and Kraemers Yarn Shoppe in Nazareth, Pa.
Patty bought some nice yarns, bless her little newbie knitting soul!

Let's go offtrack for a moment.....

I would post more , but I don't always have anything that I feel is relevant to write about, I think. Today I do feel chatty, though!
I do need to master my picture downloading skills. Dear Michael has been doing it for me but I really need to get my act together and force myself to learn this stuff. I am so tech challenged!

Back to knitting!


Kay of the famous Anne and Kay Mason-Dixon Knitting Duo, and co-author of My Favorite Book of the same name posted her photo of the Abe Blankie on her recent blog entry. (Please forgive my shameless name dropping) She was so kind to respond with encouragement to my comment about my yearning to knit a queen sized-some-type-of-squares comforter for our soon to re-do bedroom because (A) I am not satisfied with the comforters that are for sale and (B) I've got a lot of yarn. I needed some motivation.
It seems like a daunting project, but I've been winding this around in my head for quite awhile, and need to get it out of my system. Working project title: " Big A** Comforter". Yarns have been sorted, needles pulled ( size 8 and 9) and revving up to swatch. Thinking a nice 10 inch square sure would be swell. Need to measure bed and do the math. Not thinking about joining all the suckers together! If do exclusively mitered it will be no problema, but I think I may want to throw in some different types of squares for some variety/novelty, and to prevent boredom. Ambitious knitting!

I had planned to write about how joyous I am because I finally completed the newest revisions of my Turtleneck Shrug/ Scarf thingy designed by Teva Durham for Scarf Style, a terific book that's been sitting in the UFO section of my Yarn Room for months. However, my joy was short lived once I put it on! Again.
It seems as if I have been playing around with this scarf for years, because I adapted the pattern to accommadate Alpaca Grande yarn from Plymouth and it's been problematic- not the yarn or pattern, but my efforts to redesign it to fit this yarn, which I love, and, also fit my 2x frame. It seems I am always cold at home, and this yarn is very warm and cuddly. I had to frog down to the shoulders several times. The neck was first too big and then too tight. The sleeves were too short, or too long, or the shoulder width was too narrow for my big girl bod. I think there's still too much ease in the shoulders and I need to reduce the neck circumference by maybe 12 stitches so the collar isn't so much cowl-like. Mr. B.'s take on this has been: " You look like you forgot to finish the sweater!" Minimal fashion design insight in play here, but he redeems himself with his computer savy! Despite the knitgistic problems I've been wearing it here and ther because it has been so cold lately. People have commented. Kindly.

Here is a cute hat that was an old sale item that still had a ridiculous price tag on it at Anthropologie that just begs to be knit by me with some alplaca in the stash. Adult, baby, or child sized? I will tweak this . There are several other swell cold weather comforts to Knit From Your Stash with! Good intentions, eh?

That's it for the Knitorious Peek at people, places and things of interest to me and maybe to you too!

1 comment:

CraftyCarole said...

I am ALWAYS dish cloth cotton .... guess it suits my personality. BTW didn't know that THIS was your blog... lovin' it!