Monday, September 19, 2005


TAKE ME HOME!



WHAT I DID OVER THE WEEKEND!

I attended the GARDEN STATE SHEEP BREEDER'S 11TH ANNUAL SHEEP AND FIBER FESTIVAL in Ringoes, New Jersey with my son, who loves all things animal. I have faithfully attended yearly since discovering it in 2001.

Despite the awful humidity on Saturday, I made a noble effort to touch and buy, hence adding to MY STASH.

YES! YES! YES! I KNOW! STITCHES IS ONLY A FEW SHORT DAYS AWAY!
HOWEVER, I JUSTIFY THESE PURCHASES AS DOING MY PART TO HELP SUPPORT THE FARMING AND FIBER COMMUNITY!
AND, I DID! I HAVE THE PICTURES TO PROVE IT, TOO!


LET THE YARN SHOPPING BEGIN!



THE SPINNERY BOOTH
VERY NICE FOLKS! WILL BE VISITING THEIR SHOP DEFINITELY!



MY NEW FRIEND FREIDA SPINS! SHE HAS AN ALPACA FARM IN HACKETTSTOWN, N.J.
www.angelwoodalpacas.com




LOTSA BOOTHS WITH BEAUTIFUL THINGS TO TOUCH!





I PROMISE TO GIVE YOU A GOOD HOME!



VARIGATED SKEINS ARE FROM www.thespinnery.net IN FRECHTOWN, N.J.
THE CREAMY ALPACA IS FROM hiddenpinesalpacas.com and i know their yarn from having purchased from that at stitches 2004.they are located in MILFORD, N.J.
THE NEAT KNITTING PIN came from aboundingful farm fibers located in PALMYRA, PA.
THE ADORABLE BUTTONS were purchased from www.EmeliseAlpacas.com located in HAMPTON, N.J.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!
I had no idea that there was so much local fiber resources in the PA-N.J. area!

CAN WE SAY ROADTRIP?


It was a fun time! i will be posting some more photos from the festival in the future!
MUST GET BACK TO KNITTING BABY BLANKET!

No comments: