Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A HAPPY BIRTHDAY POST

It's my birthday today and to celebrate I am giving away a little surprise or two from my STASH! Just leave a comment, telling me what type of fiber you like to knit or crochet with. I will randomly select a winner and post her/his name on Monday, February 28th. I will select that fiber or a reasonable facsimile thereof and send it to you. So leave a comment at the end of this post!


Now February is almost over and I feel like I still haven't caught my breath from all the holiday knitting deadlines! I also have several new projects added to the long list of old projects waiting in the wings to begin sometime, hopefully, in the not too distant future.

Meanwhile, here are a few completed gifts:

I knit a slouchie hat for my brother who is starting to bald a bit. I used a skein of a tweedy gray Plymouth Alpaca Grande and probably size 9 circs since I knit loose continental. Very soft, warm and happy to have one less skein languishing in my stash!
Slipper socks for Bigfoot, my16 year old son, size 11 shoe. Lots of knitting with a skein of Red Heart Supersaver. He has a thing for neon green, otherwise everything else he wears has to be black. Teenage boys, you know.

I doodled with some Sugar and Cream cotton yarn and came up with this thing. Knit baby size, it's my alternative to the everyday utilitarian baby drool bib. I think it's a bit elegant. It also fits the cats nicely, so it would work as a collar for a smaller dog too. I'm happy whenever I am able to knit something from my dishcloth cotton stash. How much do I have? Enough to completely fill a large floor trunk! And I offer no apologies for that, either, because I love my stash! Perhaps in a future post I might show you my yarn room and The Stash Entire.

Happy knitting until next week!

3 comments:

old lady said...

Just coming out of lurkdom to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Think this occasion calls for MORE STASH!

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your blog! Happy belated birthday!

I like wool or just about any knitting yarn.

Lena in OK

hakucho said...

Happy Birthday to you a little late :)

I had to laugh when you mentioned about your son's big feet...they're tiny to me with all of my boys (3 sons including my husband) have size 13's. Love his neon green slippers!