Monday, July 21, 2008

SUMMER HIGHLIGHTS...

Well, Gentle Knitter, it's high time I blog a bit about what I've been up to since my last post! Enjoying the summer, swimming, family day trips to the Jersey shore and Knoebels, lazing about, and of course, knitting several projects all at once. Thankfully, I was able to complete a few. No, I'm NOT working on Mike's wool sweater at this time! Not even inside with the central air. Those never-ending sleeves have totally done me in for now. My sweater sabbatical will end once September arrives.

The further adventures of a very wet Peep....
As you recall last month, Peep needed some help surviving his first few days out of his nest. His doting parents, the Cardinals, were constantly about our property providing him guidance. I'd hear them in the trees around our property and soon became familiar with their chirping. One day I happened to be walking past the arborvitaes at the deep end of our pool when I witnessed Peep testing his wings. The poor baby fell into the pool! Quickly, I scooped him up in my hand and placed him in the shaded bird bath under our pine trees. Soon after, Mom and Dad were right at his side scolding him. My son said it all. "Mom, Peep sure is a lot of trouble for one little bird"! Happily, he seems to have survived his baby stage and can be seen and heard about our yard these days with his parents. My theory is, since he no way resembles those cardinals, that he was a misplaced cowbird that luckily ended up in the care of surrogates. What do you think?

Celebrations:
The Three Amigas enjoy lunch at Balasia, to celebrate Jeanie's' ** birthday. Delicious vegan/ Asian cuisine, and that's coming from a dyed in the wool meat lover!

As for me, I've been on a health improvement regime since April. I've been successfully reducing my weight and increasing my overall stamina through a medically supervised calorie restricted program. Today I am almost 40 pounds lighter! It's YMCA for me 3 times a week now. Feeling terrific too!

In a word...Knit-therapy:









My summer garden survivors- what ground hogs and bunnies don't like to nosh!


Until the blogging bug strikes again, may you have time to sit and knit in a shady place!

7 comments:

SissySees said...

Oh, I'm jealous... they left you a lily. Our greedy critters ate every last lily in my garden before any even bloomed!

hakucho said...

Peep was certainly lucky that day having you around to rescue him :)

Lot of knitterly (is that a word?) goodness...love your socks :)

smariek said...

Congrats on the weight loss! Beautiful photos. Stargazer lilies are one of my favorite flowers.

Anonymous said...

Peep! So glad to hear he's making his way...I love all of his photos, so cute!!!

KSee said...

lovely pictures. Fantastic weight loss. My oh my all those OTN projects. I can only do one at a time. Thank you for sharing

CraftyCarole said...

you've been a busy lady. glad you've saved the bird!

Crochet Goddess said...

Beautiful tomatos and lily. I love the color of the lily. What kind of lily?